What exactly is “Social Brainstorming”
What’s probably more important to you is why would you want to “do” social brainstorming? When running a business, don’t you have enough on your plate? What about that never ending to-do list that keeps you awake at night? Where will you find the time?
If you are considering jumping into social media, a social brainstorming session is the only way to start. Just to be clear, we’re not talking about some new brainstorming mind-mapping application on the internet, so relax. We’re talking about sitting down with someone that understands the social landscape to discuss your business and more importantly, your customers. The goal is to decide if social media will help you to better engage with your customers resulting in higher satisfaction and driving sales and profits up. If the answer is yes, then to help set an initial strategy.
Important areas to explore before you leap.
- Why are we going to do this in the first place?
- What are we hoping to achieve?
- Who is our customer and who do we want them to be?
- Where are the best places to engage our customer? Is it Facebook, Yelp, Pinterest, LinkedIn, email or somewhere else?
- How can we best engage our customer (and by customer, we mean current and future)?
Think about this as well.
- Can you do it?
- Could your business be truly social?
- Does it have the culture to change? Check out this great article about culture in the small business world.
- Will it adapt to the higher level of engagement with the customer, where feedback might not always be glowing?
- Who can do the work and can you find the time to add to your already full plate?
By taking the time to dig into these questions with quality guidance, you can make sure that your social media strategy gets off on the right foot and has all the opportunity for success. You know it’s a good idea to check the depth of the water before you dive off a bridge and implementing a sound social media strategy is no different.
We understand the social landscape better than most and we work with you during a social brainstorming session to make sure these questions are explored and answered. Our goal is simple, to ensure you have the best strategy possible.