So yesterday I posted about my predictions for small businesses and social media.
Today, on Huffington Post, Kim Garst, Social Media and Brand Strategist had this to say in her article titled, “2014 Social Media Predictions — Hold On, It’s Going to Get Bumpy!”
- It’s About Show, Not Tell: Visual-Based Content Will Dominate.
- Instagram and Snapchat are Going to be Major Players And Businesses Will Use Them to Reach Their Audiences In Unique Ways.
- A Mobile Strategy Becomes Compulsory.
- More Brands are Going to Get Serious About Social.
- Google Plus FINALLY Hits the Tipping Point.
So 1, 2 and 3 from Kim are pretty much in line with my numbers 1, 2 and 4. I love validation.
I agree that most brands are going to embrace social more. It’s important to keep in mind that when you are a small business, your brand is your business name so keep your social media interaction just the same as you would treat a customer face to face.
Google+ is an interesting call. I happen to love Google+. I think the feel and look of a Google+ page is awesome. I love Hangouts and the ability to stream one live and have it record to YouTube and I hope Kim is right and more businesses start to leverage some of the Google+ features.
Tomorrow I might even tell you some great ways you can use Google+ to promote your business.